Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Second Aluminum Boat

This has been up for sale for sometime and I've been resisting the urge to acquire it. Time came when I had a little extra so...
 It was the Bimini top that hooked me.How could you resist it?Looks like a cute buggy you can drive around in.
 It's a really beamy boat. Typical solid Aussie construction. The transom and gunwales are higher on this boat. Definitely a drier ride than the Alcraft.
 It was a struggle getting it off the roof and I figured out why. The flooring weighed a lot! The hull above the waterline is in great condition. The previous owner spent on getting it finished nice in khaki. Unfortunately, I see some possible issues on the bottom. Some small damages, possibly small holes repaired with epoxy. Fortunately I have a friend who does aluminum welds so I'll deal with any leaks when they arise.
 Drove all the way to San Jose, Nueva Ecija to pick up the boat.  I need longer rails for my roofrack to properly handle this boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment